You can get involved by becoming a member of the association, or by volunteering for one of our great neighbourhood activities.
Become a member
Become a member to help support neighbourhood activities and get email updates on activities and issues in Lincoln Heights. The cost is only $5, payable in person or by Paypal.
The Association Board is looking for volunteers to take on the following roles:
- Social Chair
- Outreach Chair
- Communications Lead
Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Winter Follies coordinator
We have an opportunity for someone to organize the Winter Follies. As organizer, your role is to:
- Decide on the date to hold the event
- Announce date to the community via Facebook, web page, gmail list etc.
- Inform the rink contractor so he can ensure best possible condition of the ice
- Recruit volunteers
- Inform Regina School principal in a timely way to maximize the chances of getting an announcement into the school newsletter
- Invite Councillor, community policing officer and community newspaper reporter
- Design flyer, request printing from Councillor’s office with enough copies for students of Regina School, delivery of flyers
- Decide on beverages/snacks and buy supplies and/or request sponsorships
- Identify requirements for table(s), chairs and who will provide them on the day
- Check out sledding hill and improve if desired
- Take any pucks and sticks available to the rink
- Organize volunteers so sledding hill and rink have some adult oversight
- Take photos
- Clean up
- Report to LHPCA Executive on approximate number of attendees, successes, challenges
- Updates to the community through Facebook, web page, gmail, etc.