You can get involved by becoming a member of the association, or by volunteering for one of our great neighbourhood activities.
Become a member
Become a member to help support neighbourhood activities and get email updates on activities and issues in Lincoln Heights. The cost is only $5 per adult per household, payable in person, by e-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Paypal.
Join the Board of Directors
Following the 2020 Annual General Meeting, the following positions are still open on the Board of Directors:
- Secretary – attend a minimum of 2 in-person meetings a year, and can take on additional tasks based on interest and availability (spring clean-up, street party, RioCan development, LRT consultations, etc.). As the Secretary, they are required to take minutes at all meetings, including the AGM. That is the extent of their role currently.
- Treasurer – responsible for managing the budget, cutting cheques, managing petty cash, reconciling monthly bank statements and preparing an annual financial statement to be presented at the AGM.
These positions are for a 2-year term. If you are interested in playing an active role in your community as a Board member, or if you have any questions about the roles, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and the position of interest.
The Board elections will take place at our upcoming Annual General Meeting, scheduled for October 26, 2019 at the Ron Kolbus centre.
The Association Board is looking for volunteers to take on the following roles:
- Social Chair
- Outreach Chair
- Communications Lead
Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Winter Follies coordinator
We have an opportunity for someone to organize the Winter Follies. As organizer, your role is to:
- Decide on the date to hold the event
- Announce date to the community via Facebook, web page, gmail list etc.
- Inform the rink contractor so he can ensure best possible condition of the ice
- Recruit volunteers
- Inform Regina School principal in a timely way to maximize the chances of getting an announcement into the school newsletter
- Invite Councillor, community policing officer and community newspaper reporter
- Design flyer, request printing from Councillor’s office with enough copies for students of Regina School, delivery of flyers
- Decide on beverages/snacks and buy supplies and/or request sponsorships
- Identify requirements for table(s), chairs and who will provide them on the day
- Check out sledding hill and improve if desired
- Take any pucks and sticks available to the rink
- Organize volunteers so sledding hill and rink have some adult oversight
- Take photos
- Clean up
- Report to LHPCA Executive on approximate number of attendees, successes, challenges
- Updates to the community through Facebook, web page, gmail, etc.